Dog Health Food Recipe
Some Great Recipes For Health Food For Your Dog.
The most beneficial thing you can do for your dog is to feed him the right stuff. Not many people realize they can feed their dogs heath foods and add-ins, like olive oil and yoghurt, yet these ingredients have the potential of boosting your pet’s health both inside and out. As long as your dog doesn’t have serious health issues, or is severely under or overweight, they can be fed with fresh homemade foods easily. Check out the easy dog health food recipe below, or Click Here for 245 more great homemade dog food recipes.
You probably already have the ingredients to create natural dog food in your kitchen. You don’t have to be a Michelin Star chef to put together a healthy, tasty recipe for your dog either; there are plenty of standard add-ins that are beneficial. A good way to start is to omit corn foodstuffs from your dog’s diet. This stuff is used as filler in most dog foods, yet can be highly allergic in many dogs.
Try some of the following supplements for a healthy heart and coat:
- Fish oil: perhaps the most beneficial additive to a dog’s diet, fish oil can come in liquid form or in the form of pills that can be given as treats. Salmon oil is one of the most beneficial, packed as it is with good fats that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Olive oil: the easiest extra can be dribbled over his food to make it tastier and healthier – a teaspoonful for yappers and up to a tablespoon for big dogs.
- Flaxseeds: these also have good fats as with fish oil and can be sprinkled on the kibble (pellets), or as an extra in dog health food recipe treats.
- Egg: an ideal additive to pellets, with the yolk and albumen both being beneficial, plus the shell is a good source of calcium.
- Chicken broth: a great alternative to pellets, chicken both is highly tasty and is packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Pumpkin: plain, canned pumpkin is full of vitamins and can be easily sprinkled over pellets. Avoid using spiced pumpkin.
- Brewer’s yeast: one of the best health food additives for dogs, along with garlic. This simple additive keeps fleas at bay, is perfectly safe for dogs and can be sprinkled over their pellets.
- Yogurt: plain yogurt is loaded with beneficial bacteria that are perfect for aiding dog digestion.
A tasty health food recipe for your dog
Beef or Lamb Stew. Although it sounds elaborate for a pet, this simple to prepare meal is full of health-giving properties and can be made quickly.
1 pound of low-fat lamb or beef
2 celery sticks
2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 pints of chicken or beef broth
1. Brown the meat in a sauté pan in the olive oil
2. Cook until brown
3. Add the broth and stew the meat for 45 minutes
4. Add vegetables
5. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes until ingredients are softened
6. Cool and serve
An ideal, easy to prepare dog health food recipe!
For more great, healthy and easy-to-prepare dog food recipes, Click Here!
Note: The owner of this website is an affiliate of the products promoted.